Pollaughan Dogs Policy
We have a policy here to always accept guide and hearing dogs.
Family dogs at Pollaughan are welcome; we will not accept bitches on heat and are under no obligation to accept your dogs.
We do understand dogs are very much part of a family. And will widley accept a dog as part of a booking it will be noted on the booking summary, and a dog policy will be sent to you to read and sign. When your balance is due £50 per week will be added to the total.
Doggy bags will be provided and dog waste must be cleared up and disposed of in black bin bags. We are charged by the Bin bag of refuse collection, so its worth having a bin bag outside for the week, then throwing in the large black bin at the end of your stay. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in curtailment of the holiday and no monies will be refunded.
- We charge £50/wk for a dog to cover extra cleaning costs and, as a precaution to cover ourselves, a damage deposit of £100. We will take this off your card when the balance is due but no later than one week before the holiday. We will return this within 7 days of the end of your stay provided we are satisfied that there is no evidence of a dog having been in the cottage/garden the cottage at the end of your stay.
- We have a dog of our own who is friendly and well socialized with other dogs, so it is important visiting dogs are sociable and not aggressive towards other dogs in any way.
- They must be Wormed, Vaccinated and have been treated for fleas.
- The dog must not be left unattended in the cottage at any time. If you wish to bring the dog it must accompany you at all times. Please be aware that many Cornish Beaches are no dog zones Easter-October.
- The dog must be taken OUT of the garden to a field to perform its toilets, we will advise where to go, any evidence of mess in the garden will result in the damage deposit being withheld. Poo bags will be provided.
- If we consider the dog to be causing a nuisance to other visitors, showing aggressive behavior, excessive barking or otherwise, you will have to make other local arrangements. We reserve the right to curtail the holiday with no refund of monies if this is the case.