We fully appreciate that dogs are very much part of the family.We have our own family dogs ourselves here on the farm and when possible we do try to accommodate those wishing to bring their own dog on holiday, however we do also have to balance the peace and safety of the animals on the farm and other non dog owning visitors.
Assistance and Guide Dogs will ALWAYS be accepted, we are guide dog friendly. HOWEVER please note we are a small farm with sheep, ducks, chickens and donkeys and therefore we do NOT have an open policy to all dogs. We are very happy to discuss prior to booking and subject to type, age and time of year we will always be as reasonable as possible on a case by case basis.Our telephone number is 01872 580150.
Whilst all our gardens are fenced and child proof they would be scaleable by a large excited canine and with ducklings and lambs around we need to be confident any visiting dogs are well controlled, fully vaccinated ,wormed and de flead and cannot be left alone in the cottage as it can not only cause huge distress to a dog being left in a strange place, but persisent uncontrolled barking would cause unacceptable disturbance to other holidaymakers.
The beaches down here on Roseland are fairly relaxed about dogs,the coast path offers miles of lovely walks and we have walks around the farm and area here for them to be exercised safely away from livestock.
Pollaughan Dogs Policy
We always accept guide and hearing dogs.
We charge £25/wk or £40/fortnight for a dog to cover extra cleaning costs and as a precaution to cover ourselves a security deposit of £200 must be paid before arrival which will be forfeited if any of the terms below are broken.
- They must be Wormed, Vaccinated and Frontlined against fleas.
- The dog must not be left unattended in the cottage at any time. If you wish to bring the dog it must accompany you at all times, most beaches on Roseland are dog friendly as are some pubs .
- The dog must be taken OUT of the garden to a field to perform its toilets, we will advise where to go, any evidence of mess in the garden will result in the damage deposit being withheld.
- If we consider the dog to be causing a nuisance to other visitors, showing aggressive behaviour, excessive barking or otherwise, you will have to make other local arrangements and we reserve the right to curtail the holiday with no refund of monies if this is the case.
- On Departure Day we will need to have access to the cottage by 9.30 am rather than 10 am as we will need extra cleaning time and to have the option to have carpets professionally cleaned before the next arrival later that day.